Sunday, December 23, 2012

Beautiful Girl in Watercolor

Her name is Carissa.

I have been doing a lot of portraits lately I know...I'll get back to my urban sketches, just needed to try the same technique on faces for a while, and pigments, paper, etc.

This was done in hot press watercolor paper, my favorite, and Koi Watercolors. Even though I like to try different brands and prefer to use top quality brands for my professional work, the koi watercolors have such brilliance and saturation that is such a delight to use them for quick sketches. Unfortunately they are a little fugitive but I still love them! A good scan can always capture the effect when is just made. I use very high quality brushes, that is where my little investment is: Isabey petit grisCarissa

No comments:

Post a Comment