Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Joseph's Portrait -The completed drawing in color pencil

Portrait of Joe
Color pencil
This color pencils are discontinued, I am lucky to have the full set of 96 colors of Design Spectracolors. The great thing about this colors is that they don't release dust, and the intensity (chroma) is more as the pressure on the paper is stronger; also the color builds on top of each other and the blending is perfect. I cherish this set so much!
The bad news is that I used the wrong paper: Arches hot press watercolor paper that acts like sandpaper. Took me a while to finish this as the texture eats the pigment so quickly, yet here it is!
I am practicing on an old skill and trying to bring it back. I haven't done color pencil portraits in more than 17 years. So I think it's time to see what happens today 


IMG_0740

No comments:

Post a Comment